Tuesday, October 2, 2007

ATTIYA SALOOJEE - 1 OF 4 FINALISTS IN THE SA TOP TEEN ACHIEVERS AWARD!

The letter below indicates what this PROJECT BASED LEARNING EXPERIENCE has done for this gr.11 pupil. She is the editor (2007/2008) of the School's newspaper called the RIS INDEPENDENT.

20 September 2007



To: Mr. Sujee


Re: Vaal Hearings, one of the reasons for my success


On Tuesday, 18 September, I received a call from the editor of Seventeen Magazine concerning the Seventeen Top Teen Achiever Awards. I was informed that I had been chosen as one of four finalists in South Africa in the category called, ‘Do-Gooder’.

I would like to thank sir greatly as one of the main reasons why I had been selected had been due to my participation in the Vaal Hearings. I was told that the project seemed very impressive and could tell that it had generated much interest among the judges of the awards.

If it was not due to your great thinking in beginning such a project, I think many opportunities would have been lost. Also, much gratitude is owed to you for being very instrumental in setting up the school newspaper, the RIS Independent and for always assisting us.

I wish you all the best and can only say that my prayers are with you as I have personally learnt a great deal from a teacher such as yourself.


Thanking you,
Miss Atiyyah Saloojee

No comments: